full-service FINANCIAL PLANNING DESIGNED AROUND YOU
We start with you - What do you dream about? What keeps you up at night? What would you do, if you could?
Together we’ll identify goals and outline a path to achievement. We’ll create actionable recommendations and we’ll be careful with your time in the process. The initial planning process establishes a course of action and provides a framework for the future.
Along the way, we’ll stay abreast of life changes, adjust course and provide updated recommendations as needed. We seek to be proactive in our approach, looking for opportunities to preserve wealth, maximize portfolio growth and optimize outcomes based on your specific situation.
Retirement Planning | Education Planning | Estate Planning | Tax Planning | Insurance Planning
Our goals based financial planning process seeks to help clients go farther than they believed possible.
By working together, at each life stage, we seek to create clarity so that clients achieve goals with confidence.
These are not exhaustive in nature. However, common planning scenarios include:
- OPTIMIZE RETIREMENT PLANNING WITHDRAWAL ORDERING FOR TAX EFFICIENCY & GIFTING TO HEIRS
- REVIEWING SOCIAL SECURITY & PENSION WITHDRAWAL OPTIONS TO DETERMINE WHEN TO BEGIN WITHDRAWALS TO MAXIMIZE CLIENT BENEFIT
- PLANNING FOR REQUIRED MINIMUM WITHDRAWALS & USING QUALIFIED CHARITABLE DISTRIBUTIONS (QCD) TO LOWER INCOME
- IDENTIFY OPPORTUNITIES FOR BUSINESS OWNERS TO MINIMIZE CURRENT TAXES & MAXIMIZE TAX DEFERRED INVESTMENTS
- EVALUATE OPPORTUNITIES FOR BACKDOOR ROTH CONTRIBUTIONS TO CREATE FUTURE TAX FREE INCOME IN RETIREMENT
- UTILIZING CAPITAL GAIN & CAPITAL LOSS HARVESTING TO MAXIMIZE TAX EFFICIENCY
- EVALUATING ANNUITY CONVERSIONS
- ESTABLISHING SPECIAL NEEDS TRUSTS, MINOR TRUSTS AND SPENDTHRIFT BENEFICIARIES TO PROTECT THE LONGEVITY OF THEIR INHERITANCE
- CREATING A DYNAMIC INVESTMENT ALLOCATION PLAN THAT ENABLES CLIENTS TO REMAIN INVESTED DURING DOWN MARKET CYCLES, WHILE HAVING ACCESS TO THE INCOME THEY NEED BOTH NOW AND IN THE FUTURE
- PLANNING FOR SURVIVORSHIP & DISABILITY SCENARIOS
Approaching the market with caution
We seek to reduce investment risk by investing only in what we believe to be high quality companies that meet the Selective criteria. Further, we exercise unusual patience in our purchases. When the market is high, we exercise additional caution. For example, throughout 2017, we maintained cash balances of at least 25%. This helps to protect client principal, while creating opportunities when individual securities fall in price. While our approach to the market is cautious, our Selective Process has led to an average annual return over 13% net of all fees and trading expenses.1
Read disclosure here
1 Returns based on a composite of accounts primarily invested in Selective’s proprietary mutual fund (Composite A). This composite utilizes an investment approach focused on maximizing long-term returns while protecting client principle. The proprietary Fund is non-diversified and focuses its investments in a relatively small number of Selective Companies, typically seeking to hold between 15 and 25 companies (although the number may vary depending on market conditions). The Fund may also invest a substantial portion of its assets in cash and cash equivalents, including money market funds and other short-term fixed income investments, in seeking to protect principal. All returns are time-weighted, net of all fees and trading expenses. Performance varied by account. Performance 2013 to 2017 has been independently verified.
Cash balance calculations include money market balances within mutual funds.
No current or prospective client should assume that future performance of any specific investment strategy or product made reference to directly or indirectly by Selective Wealth Management in its website will be profitable or equal the corresponding indicated performance level(s).